AmpliTube 4 Hyper Realistic Tone
Get ready to have your mind (and ears) blown. AmpliTube 4, a major upgrade to the world’s most powerful guitar and bass tone studio for Mac/PC, is here and will take you to a level of hyper-realism and customization of tone you never knew possible.
- Hyper-Realistic tone
- 3D Cab Room w/ selectable room simulations
- Dual Mic placement on any speaker
- Individual speaker selection
- Speaker interaction modeling
- Cabinet mixer for mics, room, DI and master level
- New British Series Amps
- Power Amp/Speaker dynamic response
- Acoustic Simulator
- Effects loop slot between pre and power amp
- Universal effects placement
- Rack effects can be used as stomp effects
- Stomp effects can be used in rack section
- 8-track DAW/Recorder
- 4-track Looper
- Built-in Custom Shop
AmpliTube 4 is a guitar and bass tone studio for Mac/PC that works as a standalone application and as a plug-in for your favorite DAW. AmpliTube recreates the entire guitar/bass signal chain from instrument to recording device, and does so in a very realistic and intuitive way. But it also does it in ways you never dreamed possible.
If you’re new to using computers to get fabulous guitar tone, then you’re in for a treat. If you’re a veteran computer tone-master, well, you’re still in for a treat. AmpliTube pioneered and leads the way in guitar amp and effects modeling, and AmpliTube 4 takes it to the outer edges of extreme hyper realism with intuitive familiar tools.
Fasten your seat belt… let’s take a quick tour!
New Hyper-realistic cab room
AmpliTube has always been about realism, and now that extreme commitment to accuracy is a part of its completely redesigned cabinet section. The new Cab Room feature is the most advanced cabinet section ever made, giving you a new level of customization and flexibility never before seen in software or reality.
The cab room now has 5 distinct customization sections: cabinet selection with size adjustment where players can choose the speaker cabinet they’d like to match to the amplifier, individual speaker selection where they can swap out individual speakers, mic selection and placement for finding the speaker “sweet spot”, room selection where players select the surrounding recording environment, and a mixer section that allows players to mix the levels of speaker mics, room ambience, direct amp signal and overall main mix. Never before has such a level of control and customization been available for fine-tuning tones from the speaker section.
For starters, the cab room is just that a 3-dimensional speaker cabinet recording space that can be changed depending upon the desired “room” type and effect. Players can choose from a range of room types, from a cavernous “garage” to a full on cabinet “dead” room, and mix the room effect and color into the overall sound.
Dual 3D mic placement
Now you can mic up your cabinet with up to two microphones in a full 3D space. AmpliTube 4 comes with 3 microphone, with an additional 15 highly coveted recording microphone models available in the Custom Shop providing a truly hyper-realistic sound capturing environment. The room microphones can also be chosen from the available mics. This, coupled with its swapable speakers, allows for true cabinet miking with full speaker interaction a digital first. Add in things like room ambience control, a new mixer for the cab section and gorgeous new graphics, and it’s easy to see that the new Cab Section is poised to revolutionize the way guitarists, bass players and other musicians utilize virtual cabinets in their music.
Individual Speaker Selection
Now you can swap out individual speakers in your favorite cabinets at will, allowing for creative speaker combinations utilizing the many precision-modeled speakers available. The AmpliTube 4 speaker cabinet section not only accurately reproduces the tonal characteristics of the individual speakers, but also accurately picks up the harmonic interactions between the individual speaker models, the cabinet construction and the room, making it the most realistic speaker cabinet emulation available.
New Hyper-realistic gear — British Amps!
AmpliTube 4 welcomes 5 new classic amplifier models to the mix representing some of the best British tones from the 70s, 80s and 90s.
Each amplifier has been modeled from scratch to embody a different aspect of powerfully classic British amplifier design: There’s the Brit 8000, Brit 9000, Red Pig, Brit Silver and Brit Valve-Pre. All of these new amplifiers have been created utilizing the same methods and patented technologies that have made the AmpliTube brand name synonymous with world-class sound, hyper-realistic tone and extreme accuracy.
These models also bring a new level of realism and sonic accuracy through a new technology that precisely replicates the dynamic interaction between the power amp and the speakers, thus eliminating the “harshness” typically found in the upper frequencies of other software and adding another level of dynamic response and hyper-real feel.
AmpliTube 4 is all about exploring new tonal possibilities and its new “Acoustic Sim” model pedal turns the electric guitar into a hyper-realistic acoustic. It delivers stunning realism and an amazing playing experience that can be tweaked with the onboard controls.
Players can choose from and blend 3 acoustic body styles and 3 types of top material to sound like a full range of popular acoustic guitars. Now guitarists with AmpliTube 4 will always have at their disposal great acoustic sounds.
Creative connections and effects placement
New to the signal path in AmpliTube 4 is an effects “loop” insert slot situated between the preamp and power amp sections and can accommodate up to 4 daisy-chained rack or stomp effects.
In addition to the new effects loop, any stomp or rack effect can now be placed into any effects slot. This means that stomp boxes can be used in the post “rack” section, and rack effects can be used in any stompbox slot on any pedalboard or in the effects loop section. This opens the door for even more for creative tweaking and innovative sonic sculpting possibilities.
8-Track Recorder/DAW under the hood
When used in standalone mode, AmpliTube 4 features a built-in 8-track DAW that makes recording ideas and songs a breeze. Its powerful sequencer-like waveform editing should be immediately familiar to you, making it easy to use it as a sketchpad for new ideas or as a full-featured recording solution on its own.
Each track features standard treble, mid and bass eq, pan control, level, mute, solo and record enable functions, plus there’s an FX enable button allowing for application of different tone configurations to individual tracks.
As a learning tool, you can import any audio tracks into the DAW section, define loop points and use AmpliTube’s built-in Speed control to slow down difficult passages without affecting pitch, and use the Pitch control to change keys without affecting speed. This feature is perfect for working out difficult solos or practicing different leads or melodies over a series of chord changes in a backing track.
A truly super looper
Rounding out AmpliTube 4’s new feature set is a MIDI controllable 4-track looper.
Dubbed the Super Looper, it’s a full-featured intuitive 4-part looper that you can use to lay down multi-part backing tracks with speed and ease, then practice leads, chords and melodies over the top.
Each track has an individual level and pan control so you can adjust them in the “mix” to suit your needs.
You can activate each track with the click of the mouse, or use a MIDI foot controller like the iRig BlueBoard to activate/deactivate tracks.
The looper audio can be exported to the hard drive of your computer, then imported into the AmpliTube DAW section, or your favorite sequencer.
Audio backing material can be imported into the first loop channel for continuous play.
Also stock in AmpliTube 4 is an upgraded tuner section with IK’s patented UltraTuner technology — the most precise digital tuner available with tuning accuracy to 1/100th of a cent. It’s the essential piece of gear that will always make you sound good!
How it works
Chances are, you already know how it works. We designed AmpliTube 4 to be so hyper-familiar and hyper-intuitive in its operation that you don’t really need a manual or an engineering degree to operate it (we do, however provide a manual, just not an engineering degree). Here’s how it works…
To use AmpliTube as a tone machine for guitar or bass, you have to connect your guitar to your computer. You do this with what’s called an “audio interface”. Once connected AmpliTube gives you the exact signal chain you’d use live and/or in studio: tuner —> pedalboards —> amp head preamp —> effects loop —> power amp —> speaker cabs —> mics with room effects —> rack effects. Plus, you can configure two complete rigs and run in stereo.
There are also eight different series/parallel “routing” options available that give you total signal chain control, allowing you to configure tones for every possible playing scenario. You can select and customize different configurations on the fly as you see fit: dual pedal boards running into a single amp head split to two cabs, with different mic sets for each, running into a single rack with a compressor and graphic eq, just as an example. Run a full stereo rig with different amp setups… the combinations are endless.
Presets – the key to live performance
The entire AmpliTube chain can be easily saved, organized and recalled through the advanced built-in preset browser. Presets can be tagged and stored using a series of searchable, user-defined keywords and attributes. Plus, the online Preset XChange service allows users to post and share presets they create, with a growing community of AmpliTube users.
You can save presets for a single piece of gear, or for a complete signal chain.
Universal MIDI control
You can control AmpliTube live using IK dedicated guitar and bass interface and controllers such asiRig BlueBoard or StealthPedal with direct programming of the controller using the AmpliTube graphical interface, or you can quickly configure it to be used with any traditional MIDI controller by associating patches to MIDI program changes and knobs, switches, pedals to MIDI continuous controllers using the built-in “MIDI Learn” function. No matter what your playing situation, AmpliTube offers you hyper-control over your tone!
AmpliTube can work as a 64-bit plug-in for the most popular DAW (such as Pro Tools, Logic, GarageBand, Cubase, Live, Reaper) or can be used in stand-alone mode in Mac OS X and Windows. The plug-in and standalone versions offer the same function and sound, but the standalone version also offers a built-in 8-track recorder and DAW, plus a 4-track looper so you can capture your ideas at the moment of inspiration. Both the standalone and plug-in versions are included when you install AmpliTube. Rock On!
AmpliTube 4 comes with the built-in Custom Shop gear store feature that allows you to add gear to your collections any time a-la-carte or via collections. Its vast selection of amps, stomps, cabinets and more includes officially certified models from the likes of such legendary greats as Fender, MESA/Boogie, Ampeg, Orange, Soldano, Groove Tubes, Gallien-Krueger, Jet City Amplification, THD and T-Rex, Fulltone, Z.Vex, Carvin, Morley, Wampler Pedals, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. In addition to these well-recognized brands, there’s also signature gear from artists like Slash and Jimi Hendrix. AmpliTube 4 can also be expanded with legacy gear from previous versions of AmpliTube via the Custom Shop. If you own a previous version of AmpliTube, simply restore your gear with the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop.
Plugging in to a world of sound
With IK Multimedia's range of interfaces for mobile devices and Mac and PC, getting tone from AmpliTube is as simple as plugging into an amplifier.
- 5 new British Amp models and matching cabs based on classic British tones from 60s, 70s, 80s, & 90s
- Hyper-Realistic Acoustic Guitar Sim Pedal converts electric guitar signal into multiple styles of acoustic guitars
- Double Dynamic 57, a special mic setup based on a pair of Shure SM57 microphones
- UltraTuner – the world’s most precise digital tuner accurate to 1/100th cent
- 5 section “Cab Room” with selection, speaker selection, mic placement, room selection and cabinet audio mixer
- Industry-standard sound with DSM™ (Dynamic Saturation Modeling) and VRM™ (Volumetric Response Modeling) technologies for Hyper-Realistic emulation of real world gear and the best sounding models
- Dynamic Response Modeling provides real amp response and feel — models dynamic relationship and interaction between power amp and speakers, plus physical and harmonic interaction between individual speakers, cabinet and room construction and mics
- Perfect as a plug-in for studio recording and mixing in any Mac/Win DAW, native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
- Also perfect for live performance thanks to the standalone version with instant preset switching via MIDI control
- Highest supported Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- DAW automation and BPM synchronization
- 6 separate modules: Tuner, PedalBoards, Amplifier, Effects Loop, Speaker Cabinet, Post Rack effects
- Rig of up to 12 stomps, 2 Amp heads 4x dual effects loop slots + 2 Cabs + 2x double cab mics + 2x double room mics, and 8 rack effects can be configured in up to 8 serial/parallel configurations
- Two movable microphones allow you to mic the cabinet exactly like in real world studio and live environment
- Replace individual speakers in cabinets (12” speaker models)
- 29 individual speaker models available with more added to Custom Shop
- Stereo signal path makes it suitable for any type of instrument including drums, keyboards, vocals and more
- Massive database of presets with multiple guitar and bass oriented tags and keywords, advanced search function, rig visualization and more plus free online sharing service for user presets called “Preset XChange”
- Perfect integration with IK’s range of audio interfaces and controllers such as iRig HD, iRig Pro, iRig 2, StealthPlug and SteathPedal allows for instant recording and performing in the studio or on stage with full programming at the software level
- 8-track built-in multitrack recorder and DAW enables you to quickly capture ideas or even record a full 8-track composition in the standalone application without the need to open a DAW and with the convenience of AmpliTube superior quality audio processing
- 4-Track Looper for capturing and layering ideas quickly and easily
- Export loops to hard drive and import into the DAW section, import audio to track 1 in looper for playing over backing track loop
- Imports any Wav, Aiff, sd2, Apple Caf, Flac, MP3 audio file (Standalone version)
- SpeedTrainer for speeding up/slowing down imported tracks without affecting the pitch – the perfect tool for practicing and improving your instrument skills or learning your favorite riffs and solos (standalone version)
- Expandable via the built-in AmpliTube Custom Shop feature with gear from the world’s top manufacturers and artists
- Universal upgrade is available to anyone and any previous version of AmpliTube — Restore gear from previous purchases via the Custom Shop
AmpliTube 4 is all about hyper-realistic tone and hyper-realistic playing feel. You get:
- 10 Stompbox Models – Acoustic Sim, Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ, Volume Pedal (can be controlled by external controller)
- 9 Amplifiers – 5 Classic British Amps: Brit 8000, Brit 9000, Red Pig, Brit Silver and Brit Valve Pre, plus American Tube Clean 1, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp
- 10 Cabinets – 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Brit 9000, 4x12 Red Pig, 4x12 Brit Silver, 4x12 Brit 30, 4x10 Open Vintage, 1x12 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1, 1x15 Bass Vintage
- 29 vintage and modern individual speaker models
- 4 Microphones – Double Dynamic 57, Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87
- 2 Rack Effects Units – Digital Delay & Parametric EQ
- 2 Tuners – UltraTuner plus a Fully chromatic rack tuner
If you currently own any versions of AmpliTube, all of your gear can be integrated into AmpliTube 4 by using the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop. Plus, you can add any gear to your virtual guitar/bass rig at any time, day or night, with just a few simple clicks of your mouse.
New gear models included into AmpliTube 4
Amplifiers and Cabinets
Based on Marshall JCM800 amp head
4x12 Brit 8000
Based on Marshall 1960 Lead Vintage 4x12 slanted cabinet
loaded with G12-80 speakers
The new Brit 8000 is based upon the early 80s JCM800, the amp that although most think of the Plexi’s as the defining tone of a pushed Marshall, in reality it’s the JCM800 that people are hearing.
The JCM800 was the first departure from the Plexi format designed for players who desired a “hotter” front end and more control over the overall output volume.
The result? More preamp overdrive and crunch at controllable volumes.
The Brit 8000 comes with matching cabinet 4x12” Brit 8000 which is based on Marshall® 1960 Lead Vintage 4x12 slanted cabinet loaded with G12-80 speakers.
Based on Marshall JCM900 amp head
4x12 Brit 9000
Based on Marshall 1960A Lead Vintage 4x12 slanted cabinet
loaded with T75 speakers
The new Brit 9000 is based upon the early 90s introduction of the “evolution” of the JCM 800, the JCM900.
This dual channel, dual reverb head was designed for versatility with channel 1 voiced from clean to low level lead gain when cranked, and channel 2 voiced with enough gain to provide fearsome lead tones at low gain to screaming solo tones at high gain.
The Brit 9000 comes with matching cabinet 4x12” Brit 9000 which is based on Marshall® 1960A Lead Vintage 4x12 slanted cabinet loaded with T75 speakers.
Based on Marshall® Major amp head
4x12 Red Pig
Based on Marshall Major 4x12 slanted cabinet
loaded with T75 speakers
This gem from the 60s is based on the Marshall Major 200 “Pig” (as it was nicknamed) made famous by players like Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page, Joe Perry and at times Stevie Ray Vaughan.
It was originally produced for players who needed more stage volume and sported a full 200 watts powered by KT88 power tubes.
Nicknamed “the Pig” because it was a full 3” deeper than Marshalls of the day to accommodate the larger transformers, it quickly became the favorite of larger venue players.
The Red Pig comes with matching cabinet 4x12” Red Pig which is based on Marshall® Major 4x12 slanted cabinet loaded with T75 speakers.
Based on Marshall Jubilee amp head
4x12 Brit Silver
Based on Marshall 2551A 4x12 slanted cabinet
loaded with T75 speakers
Based on the 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Marshall company, the Brit Silver features the 3-gain mode of the preamp circuit “clean”, Rhythm Clip and Lead.
The Silver Jubilee was also the first Marshall to feature an output power section that could be switched from full to 1/2 power, thus providing that JCM800 tone at reasonable volumes.
The Brit Silver faithfully recreates the original Silver Jubilee down to every minute detail for hyper-real authentic Marshall tone.
The Brit Silver comes with matching cabinet 4x12” Brit Silver and is Based on Marshall® 2551A 4x12 slanted cabinet loaded with T75 speakers.
Brit Valve Pre
Based on Marshall JMP-1 tube preamp
4x12 Brit 30
Based on Marshall 1960A Lead Vintage 4x12 slanted cabinet
loaded with V30 speakers
Brit Valve Pre
Rounding out the new Brit series of amps is a preamp model based on the Marshall JMP-1 valve preamp. The JMP-1 was Marshall’s first foray into the world of MIDI control with Marshall tone. It allows players to sculpt the tones they want, then save those tone presets for recall by MIDI control at any time. It's one of the most simple preamps, very straight forward. It has the staple Marshall controls like Volume, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence. It features a bass shift, 2 overdrive channels, and 2 clean channels. For its ease of use and its “ready to go” sound character, it quickly became one of the most iconic Guitar preamps of the era. Almost 90% of the pro players at the time had a JMP-1 in their rack of toys.
The Brit Valve-Pre comes with matching cabinet 4x12” Brit 30 and is based on Marshall® 1960A Lead Vintage 4x12 slanted cabinet loaded with V30 speakers.
AmpliTube 4 ushers in a new “Acoustic Sim” pedal that turns your electric guitar into a hyper-realistic acoustic. It delivers stunning realism and an amazing playing experience that can be tweaked with the onboard controls.
You can choose from and blend 3 acoustic body styles and 3 types of guitar tops to sound like a wide range of acoustic guitars.
Now with AmpliTube 4 you’ll always have at your disposal great acoustic sounds.
AmpliTube 4 includes the Double Dynamic 57, a special mic setup based on a pair of Shure SM57 microphones.
It can even be found in a typical setup used in the most sought after recording studios.
It is made up of not one but two dynamic mics, one pointing straight and the other angled at 45 degrees.
The phasing phenomenon generated by this setup produces pleasing high-frequency cuts, enhancing the boldness of the sound.
Also stock in AmpliTube 4 is an upgraded tuner section with our patented UltraTuner technology — the most precise digital tuner available. UltraTuner delivers tuning accuracy down to 1/100th of a cent — so precise that it is more accurate than the “gold standard” mechanical strobe tuners. UltraTuner actually made it’s debut as an iOS & Android tuner and quickly became the go-to tuner for mobile musicians. Now it’s built into the first stop in the AmpliTube 4 signals chain.
As a standalone software and DAW plug-in, AmpliTube 4 comes with the gear listed above. If you currently own a previous version of AmpliTube, you can use the Custom Shop feature to restore all of your gear from Custom Shop purchases and legacy gear.
|Platform||Hybrid (Mac and PC)|
|System Requirements (Windows)||
|System Requirements (Mac)||