Sibelius is the world’s best-selling music notation software, offering sophisticated, yet easy-to-use tools that are proven and trusted by composers, arrangers, publishers, educators, and students alike.
With this low-cost subscription, you get all of the features of Sibelius 8, plus free upgrades and support for one full year. You will need to renew your subscription at the end of the year to continue to use the software.
Sibelius 8 Tips:
- Avid does not include DVDs in the boxed version of Sibelius 8. The boxed version only includes an activation card and download instructions. Please order the Sibelius Media Pack if you wish to receive the DVDs.
- Sibelius 8 requires a low latency ASIO or AU compatible audio interface (soundcard) for using the sound library. We recommend the GuitarFace II USB, AudioLink III USB or most any of the audio interfaces in our buyer’s guide. Contact us for more information.
- A USB MIDI keyboard makes entering notes into Sibelius much faster. The i2 GarageKey 37 is an ideal USB MIDI keyboard – just plug it in, and it works. For more options, visit our keyboard buyer’s guide.
To use Sibelius Academic, you must obtain a serial number by submitting proof of education eligibility to Avid. Please read the eligibility guidelines at www.avid.com/eligibility before ordering.
If you are a church musician, private music teacher, or want to purchase for your son or daughter in primary school you do not qualify for the academic verison. However, we can help you purchase at a substantial discount! Contact us for details.
With the integrated Annotate feature, multi-touch gestures, Surface Pro 3 pen support, and more coming soon, Sibelius will enable you to express your creativity in brand new ways, whether composing for a live performance, movie, television, media entertainment, or in the classroom.
Write music with a pen on a Surface Pro The latest version of Sibelius has been optimized for the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet, enabling you to add and edit notes quickly with just a tap of the pen, as well as play music in real time using the tablet’s onscreen keyboard and fretboard. Use the Surface Pen’s buttons to select, erase, and edit your music. You can even drag the score around while inputting notes
Compose and edit easily Sibelius is the fastest, smartest, easiest way to create and edit musical scores. The software delivers revolutionary, time-saving features such as Magnetic Layout, Dynamic Parts, and the Timeline window plus a powerful creative toolset, including Flexi-time MIDI input, Keyboard and Fretboard windows, and special notations that automate tasks to help you create stunning, incredibly complex scores quickly.
Play, perform, and share Play back your scores with stunning instrumental realism. The Sibelius Sounds library gives you immediate access to a wide range of professional-quality instruments. You can also sync Sibelius with Pro Tools and other audio software using ReWire. Or collaborate through MusicXML. Then share your music through email, ScoreExchange, YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud, and more as a score, audio file, or video or export to Avid Scorch, enabling musicians to perform your composition using an iPad.
Layout, export, and print Create beautiful, professional-looking scores easily using a full accompaniment of desktop publishing tools. Perfect text with tracking, leading, and other typography tools. Add graphics using drag-and-drop. And easily export publisher-quality scores as PDFs with just one click.
Transcribe and scan music right into Sibelius Sibelius comes bundled with both Neuratron AudioScore Lite and PhotoScore Lite, enabling you to transcribe and scan music into Sibelius. With AudioScore Lite, you can input notes into Sibelius by singing or playing an instrument, or importing music from a CD. And with PhotoScore Lite, you can scan printed music and send to Sibelius for playback, transposing, and editing.
Convert your handwriting into notation PhotoScore now comes with NotateMe, the critically acclaimed solution that converts your handwriting into notation in real-time! Quickly and accurately enter music notation with your finger or Surface Pro Pen and see it convert to notation instantly.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Compose quickly and easily with a taskoriented interface that leads you through your entire score creation
• Access Sibelius easily through a low-cost monthly or annual subscription
• Get access to future Sibelius upgrades, plus support, with the Avid upgrade plan included with all active subscriptions, or provided with perpetual licenses as a renewable annual upgrade plan.
• Write and edit scores using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet and pen
• Interact with your compositions using multitouch gestures on your laptop’s trackpad or Surface Pro 3
• Create reminders for yourself and communicate feedback to others with the with the new Annotate feature.
• Get unrivaled expressiveness and feel with the fully redesigned Espressivo 2.0
• Navigate through large scores quickly with the Timeline window
• Get professional-quality sound with the included 36 GB Sibelius Sounds library
• Create faster, with more virtual instruments and effects, with full 64-bit performance
• Save hours of time with powerful f eatures such as Magnetic Layout and Dynamic Parts
• Create beautiful, professional-quality scores with full DTP-level layout, text, and typography tools
• Scan and transcribe music with PhotoScore Lite and AudioScore Lite, included
• Send your scores to Pro Tools and other DAWs using ReWire, included
• Collaborate with others by sharing scores over email or through MusicXML
• Share scores on ScoreExchange.com, YouTube, Facebook, and SoundCloud
• Export a video file of your score online or to a DVD for others to see and hear your work
• Export scores directly to Avid Scorch on your iPad for playback, practice, performance, and publishing
• Easily use Sibelius on different computers thanks to a revamped and simplified activation process with Application Manager
• See every detail of your score in stunning clarity with support for high-resolution Windows displays