iTrack Dock is a comprehensive, studio-quality iPad recording interface that acts as the hub of your iPad recording studio. Featuring dual legendary Focusrite microphone preamps, along with two line inputs and an instrument DI with plenty of extra headroom, stereo monitor outputs with 105dB dynamic range plus independently-controlled headphone outputs, and a USB port for class compliant MIDI instruments and controllers, iTrack Dock gives you everything you need to record, monitor and control music on your iPad - with precision Focusrite digital conversion at up to 24-bit, 96kHz sampling. And at the same time it charges and powers your iPad.
Made for iPad
iTrack Dock is an Apple-compliant audio docking interface with Apple-certified “Made for iPad” status. Compliant with any Lightning iPad
- iPad 4th Generation, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with retina display
- iTrack Dock's sleek, modular design allows you to slide the Lightning connector up and down to accommodate any sized iPad.
Who is iTrack Dock for?
iTrack Dock is the perfect recording interface for songwriters, musicians and home recordists who want to take advantage of their studio gear alongside the simplicity of iPad. Designed to provide a comprehensive recording, monitoring and control solution for iPad users, iTrack Dock is easy to use and provides all the control and functionality you'd expect in a traditional recording interface.
Use your Favourite App
iTrack Dock works with any Core Audio iPad app including GarageBand, Auria and Cubasis, the choice is yours.
What's more, iTrack Dock comes with the free, easy to use "Tape by Focusrite" app for those looking to put ideas down quickly.
That Focusrite Sound
iTrack Dock, like other acclaimed Focusrite interfaces, couples superb analogue audio circuitry with the highest precision digital conversion expertise, to deliver the best of all possible worlds for today’s iPad-based hit-makers, in both personal studios and world-class facilities across the globe.
Did you know that the legendary Focusrite sound embodied in all of Focusrite's products goes all the way back to 1985, when Rupert Neve was commissioned to build "no compromise" modules for the consoles in Air Studios? Since then, countless hit records have been tracked and mixed through Focusrite gear, which to this day follows the same design philosophy: Sound is everything.
Simple, Sleek Setup
Getting started is easy. Whichever Lightning iPad you have, just slide the connector on the iTrack Dock up or down to match the position of your iPad's socket and plug in. The iPad sits perfectly in the iTrack Dock, at just the right angle, in line with and alongside the Dock's raked control surface.
Hooking up your gear is easy too. Simply plug in your microphones and guitars via XLR and Jack cables, while line inputs and monitor outputs to your speakers are carried over TRS cables. A standard USB cable connects your MIDI controller to the iTrack Dock, giving you instant "hands on" control of any assignable MIDI parameters.
Comprehensive Control at your Fingertips
iTrack Dock has all the right controls in all the right places. Real knobs handle main monitor level, headphone output level and the input level controls, which also feature Focusrite's signature Scarlett-derived "gain halo" technology for visual metering of signal levels. iTrack Dock also features a USB port for connection of a MIDI controller - such as the Novation Launchkey or Launchkey Mini - for full assignable MIDI control of your favourite iPad apps.
The Focusrite recording dock for your iPad
Sleek Focusrite industrial design provides the perfect platform to dock, charge and record music with the new generation of iPads - iPad(4th Gen) / iPad Air / iPad mini / iPad mini with retina display.
Record and monitor at superior resolution
iTrack Dock is the best sounding iPad-based workstation, featuring premium Focusrite A-D/D-A conversion with over 105dB dynamic range and the ability to record at up to 24-bit, 96kHz sample rates.
Legendary Focusrite mic preamps
Two Focusrite mic pres, as featured in the Scarlett range of USB audio interfaces, include 48V Phantom power for use with condenser microphones. iTrack Dock also features Focusrite’s unique “gain halos” a ring of light around the input gain control to easily set the input gain: green for healthy signal, red if it’s too hot.
Plug your guitar into your favourite apps
iTrack Dock provides a guitar input with plenty of clean, clear headroom to capture both quiet and loud guitars with stunning clarity.
Connect and power a MIDI controller
USB MIDI port for class compliant MIDI controller connectivity (MIDI + power) - perfect for connecting a controller like the Novation Launchkey or Launchkey Mini.
Works with all Core Audio apps on iPad
From GarageBand to Cubasis, Auria and beyond, expand the functionality of your apps with the iTrack Dock and its plug-and-play Core Audio driver – no setup required.
High quality outputs with over 105dB dynamic range
Main monitor outputs on balanced 1/4 inch TRS connectors and large-diameter level control knob, plus stereo headphone output with its own level controls - delivering more than enough power for your headphones and powered monitor speakers.
Avoid monitoring latency delays with the iTrack Dock's direct monitoring feature, sending your input signal straight to the headphone and main monitor outputs.
Recording app included
Includes Tape by Focusrite app for iPad, which offers instant recording, mastering and sharing without the complexities of traditional music-making software.
USB MIDI Port
MIDI controllers Focusrite has tested with iTrack Dock’s MIDI port:
- Novation Launchpad S
- Novation Launchkey range (mini, 25, 49, 61)
- Novation Impulse range (25, 49, 61)
- Novation Launchpad mini
- Novation Launch Control
- Novation SL MkII range (25, 49, 61) Please note, the Novation SL MKII range needs external power to work with the iTrack Dock
- Akai MPK mini
- M-Audio Oxygen range (25, 61)
- M-Audio Axiom Air mini
- Alesis Q49
- Alesis QX61
- Akai Max 49 Please note, the Akai Max 49 needs external power to work with the iTrack Dock
- Korg microkey 37
- Korg MS20ic
Analogue Input Performance - Mic
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.2 dB (minimum gain)
- THD+N < -99dB (minimum gain, -1dBFS input with 20Hz/20kHz bandpass filter)
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) < -125dBu CCIR-RMS (measured at maximum gain with 150 ohm termination)
- Gain Range -4dB to +46dB (dBFS / dBu) ±1dB
- Max Input Level >+4dBu (at 1% THD)
Analogue Input Performance - Line
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.2dB (minimum gain)
- THD+N < -98dB (min gain, -1dBFS at output and 20Hz/20kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise (NiPoS) <-104 dBFS CCIR-RMS (measured at min. gain with 50 ohm termination)
- Gain Range -22dB to +28dB (dBFS / dBu) ±1dB
- Max Input Level >+21dBu (at 1% THD)
Analogue Input Performance - Instrument
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.2dB (minimum gain)
- THD+N <-90dB (min gain, measured at Max Input Level -1dB, 20Hz/20kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise <-104dBu CCIR-RMS (measured at min. gain)
- Gain Range -16dB to +34dB (dBFS / dBu) ±1dB
- Max Input Level >+14dBu (at 1% THD)
Analogue Output Performance
- Nominal Output Level 0dBFS = >+10dBu, balanced, 0dBFS = >+4bBu, unbalanced
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- THD+N < -100dB, balanced (0dBFS input 20Hz/20kHz bandpass filter)
- Clock sources Internal clock only
- D-A Dynamic Range 105dB 'A-weighted' (all outputs). Converter chipset D-A dynamic range 114dB
- Supported sample rates 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 96 KHz, 24 Bit
- Ring LED lit Green Signal present (-24 dBFS)
- Ring LED lit Red Signal overload (0dBFS), peak held for approximately 1 second
Weight and Dimensions
- Height 64mm
- Width 280mm
- Depth 168
- Weight 0.7 Kg
|Platform||Hybrid (Mac and PC)|