Ozone 6: Creative Mastering Platform
Elevate a good-sounding mix to a professional-sounding master with Ozone. iZotope’s critically acclaimed mastering software has all the tools you need to produce a full and polished sound. With a striking new interface and a modern workflow, Ozone 6 both guides and inspires your creativity at every step.
- Harness the sonic texture of classic analog gear with even deeper digital control.
- Make smarter mix decisions aided by robust, real-time visual feedback throughout all modules.
- Quickly achieve authentic sounds for any genre with a comprehensive bank of presets.
- Master your audio within or outside your audio editing software with both plug-in and standalone options.
Get ready for an entirely new mastering experience…Unlock the Best of Digital and Analog
The most complete mastering platform available has never sounded better. Reinvent timeless sounds with the surgical precision of digital software.
Creatively sculpt your audio and experiment with ease using cutting-edge features:
- Avoid distortion caused by clipping through transparent True-Peak limiting.
- Target processing across the spectrum with multiband processing in the Dynamics, Exciter, and Stereo Imaging modules.
- Split your audio signal into Mid and Side sections and apply separate processing to each.
- Instantly widen a mono or narrow mix naturally without phase artifacts using the Stereoize control.
“Modern Analog” Sound
Harness the sonic texture of classic analog gear while wielding the deeper control and flexibility that comes with digital processing:
- Choose from a wealth of EQ filter shapes modeled after their classic hardware implementations.
- Add subtle warmth or more pronounced edge with hardware-modeled Triode and Dual Triode amplifier circuitry.
- Retain a rich low end through dynamics processing with an API Thrust-inspired tilt control.
- Smoothly adjust between linear-phase and minimum-phase EQ filters for deeper control.
- Subtly compress your audio with RMS and True Envelope detection as well as variable knee control.
Let Creativity Lead Your Workflow
The reimagined Ozone 6 user interface makes it even easier to dial in the professional sound you want. Important features are right at your fingertips, and enhanced workflows offer finer control over your results.
- Access the right tools at the right time with Ozone 6’s forward-thinking mastering workflow:
- Keep your eye on how your audio is being affected with robust metering in every Ozone module, illustrating key details like gain reduction over time.
- Keep an ear on where you’re improving your audio and where you’re only making it louder with the new Seamless Bypass control.
- Define your own sound with the customizable signal chain, highlighting your processing modules and signal flow with new Module Gain meters to visualize gain staging across your chain.
Ozone 6 has all the mastering tools you need in one standalone application:
- Load all the tracks in your album at once to help you compare and adjust for consistent sound.
- Quickly spot similar musical sections within a song with the intelligent waveform segmentation overlay.
- Get the tops and tails of your tracks in the right place using trims and fades.
- Easily integrate your own AU and VST plug-ins into Ozone’s customizable signal chain.
- Back up or version your projects in portable, fully contained project folders with iZotope's proprietary sample rate converter, SRC, on file import.
- Export single or multiple files in one pass, taking advantage of iZotope's MBIT+ Dither for smooth bitrate conversions.
Ozone 6 Features
Equalizer and Post Equalizer
Ozone includes two equalizers that combine eight bands of adjustable filters with a variety of filter shapes to choose from. Use the first EQ for initial shaping of your master, then take advantage of Ozone 6's Post Equalizer for even more shaping later on in your signal chain. The Analog-Matched EQ curves preserve analog behavior at high frequencies, giving Ozone 6 authentic analog frequency response.
- Choose from a wealth of digital and analog filter shapes including Baxandall bass and treble, API-inspired Proportional Q, Band Shelf, and resonant High and Low Shelf.
- Get insightful feedback via multiple views: Full Spectrum view, Main view, and All Bands view.
- Capture the spectral characteristics of your favorite mix and apply them to your master instantly with the refined Matching EQ controls.
- Achieve targeted equalization with Mid/Side and Left/Right processing modes.
- Make precise EQ tweaks by zooming in and out in both time and frequency.
- Recreate analog character by adding subtle phase delay to digital filters with variable Phase control.
- Get precise control for deep cuts with digital filters in Surgical Mode.
- Compare your mixes with a powerful spectrum analyzer.
- Easily see how your EQ choices affect the signal with unique visualizations of phase delay and group delay by frequency.
Each band of dynamics is capable of three types of dynamics processing: limiting, compressing, and expanding. Easily fine-tune the dynamics of your mixes with independent control for up to four frequency bands. The interactive Threshold control allows you to set threshold points for the Limiter and Compressor stages without taking your eyes off of the gain reduction meter, which provides extra feedback while making your detailed dynamics tweaks.
- Apply processing across all bands with analog-modeled, linear-phase, and hybrid-crossover filters with adjustable bandwidth and Q (the range of frequencies that will be affected by adjustments to the band).
- Automatically set crossover frequencies based on incoming audio with Learn mode.
- Adjust the dynamics of the center of your mix independently of the sides of your mix with Mid/Side Processing mode.
- Add subtle, soft compression to your mix with variable knee control.
- View and adjust all relevant settings for every dynamics stage of every band in one convenient location with color-coded, refined All Bands mode.
- Find the perfect compressor settings with the Gain Reduction Trace view, which plots the gain reduction of all dynamics bands on top of a scrolling waveform, and get further visualization with the Dynamic Transfer Curve and spectrum analyzer.
- Detect levels evenly across all frequencies and prevent aliasing or artifacts that RMS detection can cause thanks to True Envelope Detection.
- Add a variable slope high-pass or API Thrust-like Tilt filter for reducing pumping with the Detection Circuit Filter.
Ozone's Exciter lets you dial in the right amount of bite or warmth to add to your master. Add analog character with a variety of modes: Easily add tube or tape saturation, accentuate even harmonics, and add punch or sparkle to your project. In addition, multiband and Mid/Side modes give you a huge range of sonic possibilities across the frequency spectrum and the stereo field.
- Choose from the circuit-modeled Triode and Dual Triode modes or the updated Retro, Tape, Warm, or Tube modes.
- Apply targeted processing with simultaneous multiband and Mid/Side processing options.
- View excitation by frequency with the Saturation Spectrum display and sculpt the Exciter's frequency output with a post filter.
- Easily add harmonics without drastic gain changes with natural-sounding Peak Saturation.
Ozone allows you to precisely adjust stereo width for your master using the Imager module. As with the other multiband modules, the Imager works with up to four frequency bands providing independent control over stereo width by frequency. An integrated Vectorscope and Correlation Meter give you valuable visual feedback for the mastering process, including Polar vectorscope modes and a Stereo Balance meter.
- Add depth and natural-sounding stereo width to mono or very narrow mixes without sacrificing mono compatibility with Stereoize Mode.
- Add width to any frequency band without causing mono compatibility problems with Antiphase Prevention.
- See the width of your mix by frequency, set crossovers, and see the effect of stereo imaging adjustments on different parts of the spectrum with Stereo Width Spectrum view.
- Easily access mono and channel reverse.
Ozone's Maximizer is essential for giving your recordings professional loudness and fullness. This powerful tool helps you prevent your master from clipping while dramatically lifting the perceived overall audio level perfect for any master where you want more loudness without sacrificing crisp detail. Keep the subtle snap of a snare rimshot in a country single, or give a club track incredible impact.
- Experience transparent limiting with multiple modes of the IRC (Intelligent Release Control) Limiter technology.
- Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients.
- Unlink stereo channels to process left and right separately with the Stereo Unlink Control.
- Keep true analog levels in check with predictive True Peak Limiting.
- Fine-tune the Maximizer's response to your source material with adjustable threshold/ceiling and character controls.
- Get visual feedback that informs your limiting with the Gain Reduction Trace meter’s scrolling waveform display.
Ozone's Preset Manager gives you professionally designed starting points for mastering your projects. Power users will appreciate the ability to create presets that utilize all of Ozone's modules and routing capabilities for instant recall of useful configurations.
- Utilize the additions and improvements in Ozone 6 with new mastering presets.
- Streamline your decision-making process with outcome-oriented descriptions.
- Learn to use Ozone's features using presets as a valuable teaching tools.
Ozone provides the finest bit reduction algorithms available, allowing you to effectively convert and dither to 24, 20, 16, 12, or 8 bits. This is useful for mastering a track for a CD (16-bit) from a 24-bit source. Ozone includes our proprietary MBIT+ dither algorithm that reduces quantization distortion with minimal perceived noise. As a result, the algorithm produces smooth and quiet conversions for the best-sounding dither possible.
- Experience smoother and more consistent mixdowns with new dither curves for 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz.
- Get dynamic and transparent conversions with integrated DC offset filtering, auto-blanking, and dither harmonic suppression.
- Enjoy a complete view of the conversion process with a unique set of bit scopes and DC level meters.
Ozone 6 allows you to master outside of your audio editing software with the new standalone application. This creative mastering platform provides comprehensive tools for any mastering project.
- Integrate your other plug-ins within your Ozone mastering chain with AU/VST plug-in hosting.
- Adjust the tops and tails of your audio with Trim and Fade controls.
- Instantly highlight changes and similar sections of your audio with waveform segmentation overlay.
- Stay organized with fully contained project folders that employ iZotope’s SRC (sample rate conversion) on file import, plus single- and multiple-file export with iZotope’s MBIT+ Dither.
Throughout Ozone are forward-thinking tools which help to guide you through your mastering workflow.
- Easily create your own signal path through a customizable signal chain.
- Audition your audio better with Seamless Bypass, which gain-matches bypassed audio to your Ozone processing.
- View gain-staging across your mastering chain with Module Gain Meters.
- Save time with a comprehensive Undo History, and quickly compare different settings with A/B tools.
- Get vital visual information at every step of the mastering process. Each module of Ozone offers relevant metering that informs mastering decisions.
What's New in Ozone 6
Ozone 6 features the largest user-interface overhaul in iZotope history. Izotope created an elegant and striking visual aesthetic that guides users through every stage of the mastering process. Alongside a fluid workflow, the creative elements of mastering are now front and center, so users can define their own sound with ease.
Ozone 6 Highlights
New Analog Hardware-modeled EQ filter shapes
Harness the sonic characteristics of classic EQ designs with new filter shapes including Baxandall Bass and Treble filters and API-style Proportional Q filters. Also new to Ozone 6 are Band Shelf filters and Resonant High and Low shelves.
All digital linear-phase filters are now matched to analog shapes; however, Surgical Mode allows you to utilize the precision of digital shapes for extreme cuts with minimum slope.
Variable EQ Phase Control
Digital linear-phase filters now feature per-node variable phase control for subtly adding phase delay to smooth out boosts that may sound harsh.
Audition changes to your audio by gain-matching bypassed audio to your Ozone-processed signal for faster and more accurate A/B testing.
Customizable Signal Chain
Host your third-party VST/AU plug-ins in the standalone application. Then build your mastering signal chain from scratch or load a preset and add, remove, and swap the order of modules.
Module Gain Meters
Monitor gain-staging across processing modules with Module Gain Meters that instantly illustrate where you’re boosting and cutting gain across your signal chain.
Preserve rhythmic detail while maximizing loudness with Transient Emphasis, which adds smart emphasis to transients by preserving sharp attacks.
Triode and Dual Triode Exciter Modes
Modeled after actual hardware circuitry, these Exciter modes offer vintage saturation from subtle warmth to more pronounced edge.
Add width to narrow or mono recordings without introducing phase artifacts.
Variable Knee Compression
Get precise control over compression characteristics by choosing between hard and soft compression.
Dynamics Detection Enhancements
Simulate smoother analog-style compression with both High-Pass and API Thrust-inspired Tilt filters. Use the True Envelope detection mode for RMS-style compression (flat frequency response and low distortion) triggered equally across the frequency spectrum.
All newly designed presets utilize the improvements introduced in Ozone 6 including new Component Plug-in Presets with Ozone Advanced.
Now available as both a plug-in and as a standalone application, Ozone 6 adds a number of forward-thinking features that simplify traditional mastering workflows, including:
- Automatic color-coded waveform segmentation.
- Tops/tails trims and fades with multiple shape types.
- Third-party plug-in hosting (VST/AU Support).
- Single/all-track export with iZotope SRC (sample rate conversion).
- Auto-adjusted MBIT+ Dither at output.
- Fully contained project folders.
|Platform||Hybrid (Mac and PC)|
|System Requirements (Windows)||
|System Requirements (Mac)||