This product is available for Electronic Delivery. Once we have processed your order, we will e-mail you the information required to download the software. (If you prefer the boxed version, please enter "boxed version" in the comments of your order. You MUST request the boxed version at the time you place your order. After you receive the electronic version, you cannot receive the boxed version as well. If you request the boxed version, a shipping fee of $14.99 will be added for orders shipped to the US, and $25 for orders shipped to Canada.)
Mixcraft 6 is a powerful music production and multi-track recording workstation that comes packed with thousands of music loops and dozens of audio effects and virtual instruments. Mixcraft enables you to record audio, arrange loops, remix tracks, compose with MIDI and virtual instruments, add effects, score and edit video, and mix and master your tracks to create polished, professional compositions. Mixcraft is your music production dream come true, instantly turning your computer into a fully-stocked professional recording studio.
What's New in Mixcraft 6?
Over 6000 audio loops and sound effects!
Mixcraft's already-massive library has been expanded to well over 6000 loops, with more loops and sound effects being added all the time! Mixcraft 6 includes dozens of new Song Kits in tons of great new styles including classic rock, dubstep, Latin, ambient, industrial, and a whole lot more. We've even included a new Drum Loops category with over 300 new drum loops, and a new Percussion Loops category with 200 great new percussion loops. There's lots of great new sound effects, too!
Loop library improvements including search, import loop files and loop CDs into the loop library.
Mixcraft's loop library has been greatly expanded, with a powerful search feature that makes it easy to find the right loop for your song. You can now import your own loops into the loop library, including importing entire loop CDs.
New instruments and effects.
Mixcraft 6 includes the Acoustica Studio Drums collection, a huge set of acoustic and electric drum sounds, professionally recorded in a world-class studio. We've also added two great new transistor combo organs, Combo-V and Combo-F, which nail the sounds of transistor organs that were popular with rock and surf bands in the 1960s. There are several great new effects, including EZQ, the world's easiest equalizer, and Broadcast Multiband Compressor, a seriously powerful weapon for winning the loudness wars.
Mixcraft 6’s powerful Mixer Interface provides a convenient and familiar interface for mixing a project. Complete with easy access to volume, pan, mute, and solo controls, as well as effects and instrument dialogs, our Mixer Interface also includes a 3-band EQ on every track, so you can get every instrument fitting perfectly into the mix.
Video and Text Editing
Improved video interface including still image importing, automatable effects and scrollable text titles.
Hosts ReWire applications.
Mixcraft can host any ReWire-compatible music software. Mixcraft's MIDI data can be routed to control virtual instruments inside your ReWire applications, and the audio from your ReWire applications can be processed with effects and automation in Mixcraft.
Support for VSTs with unlimited outputs.
Modern virtual instruments often feature multiple outputs. In Mixcraft 6, each output of a virtual instrument can be independently mixed, with their own effects and automation. You can add and remove specific instrument outputs, too, so you don't waste computer processing power on outputs that you don't want to use.
Output busses for grouping tracks to a single output bus (with support for multiple hardware outputs).
Mixcraft 6 features Output Busses that can be used to great audio tracks together (such as drums, vocals, etc.), and can be used to route signals to multiple hardware outputs. You can even use Output Busses to plug vintage effect hardware into your mix, or create custom monitor mixes.
New MIDI processing tools including more flexible quantize, humanize, transposition, velocity scaling and more.
Mixcraft's MIDI editing features have been greatly enhanced. Mixcraft features a powerful and flexible quantize feature, humanizing (for adding controlled randomness), and numerous other tools that make working with MIDI in Mixcraft a breeze.
MIDI control surface support for transport controls, effect controls, and instrument controls.
You can use your MIDI controller's sliders, knobs, buttons, and keys to control Mixcraft's transport functions (i.e. Play, Stop, Rewind, etc.), operate mixing controls, or even control any knob or parameter in your effects or virtual instruments. MIDI controllers are very easy to set up, and can be saved and re-loaded with a single click.
Route MIDI track data to audio effects (such as vocoder and pitch correction effects).
With Mixcraft 6, you can control audio effect plug-ins by routing MIDI data from a Virtual Instrument track to an effect chain. Compose complex auto-tune creations, or use vocoder effects to turn your voice into a singing synthesizer.
Punch In/Punch Out recording.
Need to nail a solo, or belt out a difficult note? Just select the area that you want to record in, turn on Punch In/Punch Out mode, rewind, hit record, and perform! Mixcraft will start and stop recording automatically inside the Punch In/Punch Out region.
Loop recording with multiple takes.
Sometimes it takes a few tries to nail the perfect vocal. With Loop Recording, you can set up a start and end point, hit record, and Mixcraft will create a new take each time the music repeats and automatically mute the previous take. You can then easily mute and unmute prior takes, and it's easy to comp together the best segments to create the perfect part.
Lanes feature allows you to stack multiple clips on a single track.
You can add unlimited lanes to each audio, virtual instrument, and video track in Mixcraft 6. Lanes can be used to stack multiple clips on a single track. Virtual Instrument lanes can even be assigned to specific MIDI channels, so you can send multiple MIDI clips to different channels of a multi-timbral virtual instrument. For example, you can use a single multi-timbral orchestral instrument to play up to 16 different sounds simultaneously.
Submix tracks for grouping tracks to a single submix.
Have 12 tracks of drums and want to raise the volume of the drums in your mix? Instead of trying to change the volume of 12 different tracks, and risk messing up the perfect mix, you can drop all 12 tracks into a Submix and use a single slider to change the volume. You can even add effects and automation to the entire submix, and the "child" tracks are even collapsible so you don't have to see all of them while you're working on the final mix.
Piano Roll interface improved.
Mixcraft's piano roll interface has been improved, with easier velocity editing, note names clearly visible on each note, and improvements throughout that make working with MIDI in Mixcraft easier than ever.
Notation improvements including support for triplets.
Mixcraft's notation engine has been improved, too. Mixcraft now features enhanced support for triplets, and the ability to choose which clefs are visible.
Built-in guitar tuner on every audio track.
Every audio track in Mixcraft now features a one-click fully chromatic tuner. Tune your guitars, calibrate your analog synthesizers, even warm up your voice using Mixcraft 6's precision tuner.
Save and load complete effect chains, with many excellent effect chain presets included.
Got a favorite set of effects that you like to use on your mixes? You can now easily save them as an Effect Chain preset, and recall the entire set of effects any time you want. Mixcraft even includes a whole set of great presets for use with vocals, guitars, drums, and more – even mastering. These presets are great starting points for dialing in your ideal sound.
Mixcraft 6 includes drum maps for many popular hardware and software drum synthesizers, including all of Mixcraft's included drum kits. These drum maps make it easy to take advantage of all the sounds available in your favorite drum synthesizer.
Reverse audio clips.
Just right-click on any audio clip, including loops, to instantly reverse the audio. Create great reverse-reverb effects, backwards snare hits, or spooky vocal sounds.
Insert and Remove Time.
Is your song just a little bit too long? Or maybe it needs an extra bridge to really make it perfect. Use Mixcraft 6's new Insert Time and Remove Time features to add or remove space from your song. All markers, tempo changes, automation, etc. will move to adjust to the change, making it easy to add or remove entire sections from your song.
Audio clip phase inversion.
Nothing can dull the sound of a good mix more than a channel being out of phase. You can now invert the phase of one or both channels of an audio clip, to correct phase problems or to create cool phase effects.
- Record and create an unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks.
- Arrange and score video files, adding transitions, visual effects, music, sound effects, and voice-overs with ease.
- Includes over 6000 professionally produced music loops and sound effects in a wide variety of popular styles, from dubstep to folk rock.
- Includes 11 virtual instruments, ranging from modelled vintage synthesizers to high-quality sampled acoustic instruments, and an inspiring collection of studio-quality acoustic and electric drums.
- Includes 22 high quality effects, ranging from studio standards such as reverb, chorus and delay, to ultra-realistic guitar amp simulators, vintage tube EQ, vocal reduction, multi-band compression, and more.
- Powerful, professional features include ReWire hosting, multi-take loop recording, time stretching and pitch shifting, support for unlimited hardware inputs and outputs, support for multi-channel VSTis, and much more.
- Professional interface with high-contrast graphics.
- Custom loop library includes over 6000 royalty-free loops and sound effects in a huge variety of styles.
- Easily import your own loop files and loop CDs into the loop library.
- Loop Library features easy search tool to quickly find loops and sound effects.
- Works with Acid WAV and Apple Garage Band AIFF loops.
- Record multiple MIDI and audio tracks simultaneously.
- Piano roll to view and edit MIDI.
- Drum maps included for Mixcraft's drum instruments, plus many popular drum applications.
- Notation tools allow you to create, edit, and print your MIDI data in familiar music notation format.
- 11 powerful virtual instruments, including the Acoustica Instruments General MIDI sample library, Expanded Instruments sample library, Studio Drums sample collection, Lounge Lizard Session vintage electric piano, VB3 tonewheel organ, ComboV and ComboF classic transistor organ emulators, MiniMogueVA monophonic analog synthesizer, Messiah polyphonic analog synthesizer, Alien303 Bass Synthesizer, and Impulse polyphonic analog synthesizer.
- 25 high quality effects, including the Pultronic Tube EQ, which models the classic tube equalizer found in studios throughout the world, and theShred Amp Simulator, a complete suite of 5 classic amp heads, 17 cabinet models, and 6 powerful effects.
- Built-in guitar tuner available on every audio track.
- Save and load complete audio effect chains, with many excellent effect chain presets included.
- Create complex virtual instrument setups that layer and split multiple virtual synthesizers and effects. Set the key range, velocity sensitivity, transposition, pan and volume for each instrument.
- Add unlimited VST instruments, VST and DirectX effects.
- Route MIDI track data to audio effects (such as vocoder and pitch correction effects).
- Video Track allows loading and editing of video files. Easily cross-fade from one video clip to another. Remix the audio, add a soundtrack, and effortlessly render your video project to a new video file.
- Powerful video features include still image importing, automatable effects and transitions, and moving text.
- Mix down to MP3, WAV, high-quality compressed OGG, and other audio file types.
- Option to record directly to high-quality compressed OGG files. This is ideal for collaborators exchanging projects over the internet, laptop users, schools, and anyone recording long speeches or conferences.
- Insert Time and Remove Time features moves all sounds, automation, and markers so you can add or remove an entire section from your song.
- Burn CDs of your mix with just one click.
- Wave (WDM), ASIO, WaveRT, and WaveRT Exclusive Mode low latency audio support.
- WaveRT Exclusive Mode (available with Windows 7 and up) provides ultra-low-latency, solid audio performance on most audio hardware without any special sound card drivers. With WaveRT Exclusive Mode, Mixcraft can interface directly with the audio hardware, bypassing the operating system for low-latency audio performance without any special drivers.
- MIDI input and output support. Will work with any USB MIDI keyboard or any instrument connected to a MIDI interface.
- MIDI control surface support for transport controls, effect controls, and instrument controls.
- 32 bit SSE2-optimized sound engine supports recording and playback of broadcast quality audio up to 192 kHz and 32 bits.
- Time stretch any sound from 25% to 400% with FlexAudio™ without affecting the pitch.
- Punch In/Punch Out recording.
- Loop recording with multiple takes.
- Pitch shift sounds from -24 to +12 semitones!.
- Use an unlimited number of tracks, instruments, and effects.
- Automatically detects beat locations, keys and tempos of imported songs.
- Import WAV, AIF, OGG, WMA, and MP3 files!
- Reduce the noise level or eliminate it entirely with built-in Noise Reduction available on every audio clip.
- Support for up to 16 processor cores takes full advantage of today's cutting-edge multi-processor computers.
- Shape each sound's volume, pan and resonant filters with unlimited envelope points.
- Support for DirectX & VST effects, including plug-in delay compensation.
- Support for VST instruments with multiple outputs.
- ReWire Hosting allows you to sync other music applications with Mixcraft.
- New Automation features provide automated control of all parameters in any VST effect, VSTi instrument, or Acoustica effect. All tracks can contain an unlimited number of automation curves on an unlimited number of effects and instruments. In addition, you can even automate the track volume & panning, and more.
- Master Track allows you to smoothly automate the global effects parameters and master volume, for smooth and easy fade-ins and fade-outs for your mixes.
- Send Tracks (aka Auxiliary Busses) let you route audio from multiple Audio Tracks and Virtual Instrument Tracks to a single set of audio effects. For example, use one reverb effect on multiple tracks. Audio can be routed both pre-fader and post-fader to the Send Tracks, and effects on the Send Tracks can all be easily automated.
- Submix Tracks allow grouping audio and MIDI tracks together to create a single submix.
- Output Tracks (aka Output Busses) allow grouping tracks to a single output bus (with support for multiple hardware outputs).
- Powerful Mixer Interface provides a convenient and familiar interface for mixing a project. Complete with easy access to volume, pan, mute, and solo controls, as well as effects and instrument dialogs, plus 3-band EQ on every track.
- Recording Count-In feature sets Mixcraft’s metronome to count-in before recording begins. The length of the count-in is user-adjustable, between 1 and 32 measures.
- Mix To New Audio Track (aka Bouncing) allows you to mix down an Audio Track or Virtual Instrument Track, complete with all effects and automation, to a new audio track. This is a great one-click method to save CPU or “lock in” the edits and effects that have been applied to a track.
- Undock the details tabs and move them around the screen, or onto a second monitor. Maximize the details tabs window for full-screen MIDI editing, mixing, and access to the loop library.
- Edit any sound to make a loop. Pick sections of prerecorded songs and extract loops for remixing. User-created sounds can even be saved to the Loop Library.
- Adjust loop points to visual beat marks.
- Link audio, MIDI, and video clips together so they’ll select and move as a group.
- Reverse audio clips to create cool effects. Invert the phase of audio clips to solve phasing issues.
- Mix To New Clip (aka Merging) feature allows you to merge several audio or MIDI clips together to form one single clip. “Lock in” edits that have been made to a recording, combine multiple loops into a single new loop, or mix multiple MIDI passages together into one MIDI clip.
- Seamless Loop Mode lets you smoothly loop sections of your project with no audio gapping.
- Lanes feature allows you to stack and organize multiple clips on a single track.
- Color-coded CPU meter on the status bar helps you keep track of your computer’s processing power at all times.
- Multi-monitor support lets you take full advantage of computers with multiple monitors.
- Musical Typing Keyboard lets you play and record virtual instruments without the use of a MIDI keyboard. Use your computer’s typing keyboard to play notes and chords. Control pitch bend, modulation, and velocity. Sustain notes with a simple press of the Shift key. You can even transpose by octaves and semitones.
- Archive your entire project to a ZIP file or new folder.
- Powerful piano roll editor allow you to edit MIDI data easily. Create MIDI loops by adjusting the loop points. Edit notes and controller information with ease.
- Load in standard MIDI files.
- Add your own photos or images to each track header.
- Edit each track's color, size and position in a variety of ways.
- Intuitive keyboard controls and shortcuts for quick work flow.
- Work in beats and measures mode, or in time mode.
- Adjust the snap to grid setting which allows you to work and edit in whole notes, quarter notes, etc.
- Split, cut, copy, delete and paste sounds with ease.
- Easily move sounds around with drag and drop or via the keyboard.
- Cross fade sounds automatically by visually overlapping them.
- Create precise, custom loops extracted from existing songs.
Loops And Sound Effects
Mixcraft includes over 6000 music loops, sound effects, and music beds that can be easily drag-and-dropped into your project. Combine drum, bass, and guitar loops with synth, organ, pianos, vocals, orchestral and percussion loops to create your own custom arrangement. Set the tempo and key of your choice, and the loops will automatically adjust. Mixcraft supports Acid and Garage Band loops, too, and you can import your entire loop collection into Mixcraft’s loop library for easy access to your favorite sounds.
Virtual Instruments And Effects
Mixcraft is like having a dream studio full of vintage keyboards right at your fingertips. Packed inside are fantastic emulations of the MiniMoog, Prophet 5, Rhodes and Wurlitzer electric pianos, the Hammond B-3 organ with Leslie rotating speaker, and classic transistor organs by Vox and Farfisa. Also included are a huge library of carefully samples orchestral instruments, drums, synthesizers, pianos, organs, guitar, bass, and much more, all mapped to the General MIDI specifications. Plus, the new Acoustica Studio Drums collection lets you get your hands on a fresh set of acoustic and electronic drum sounds, professionally recorded in a world class studio.
Mixcraft 6 includes 25 high quality effects, including the Pultronic Tube EQ, which models the classic tube equalizer found in studios throughout the world, and the Shred Amp Simulator, a complete suite of 5 classic amp heads, 17 cabinet models, and 6 powerful effects.
Mixcraft 6 is fully compatible with DirectX and VST effects, as well as VSTi instruments, so you can expand your studio with an endless variety of amazing third-party effects and instruments.
Video Scoring And Editing
Mixcraft 6 is not only a powerful audio workstation – it’s a fantastic tool for scoring and editing video. Load and edit video files and still images with ease. Easily cross-fade from one video clip to another, add transitions, and other video effects. Create slideshows from your photo collection. Add titles and scrolling text. Remix the audio, add a soundtrack, and effortlessly render your video project to popular formats for creating your own DVDs or uploading to YouTube and other popular internet video sites.
Video of i2 Control 37 and Mixcraft 6:
Frequently Asked Questions for MIXCRAFT 6
No questions available - feel free to add yours below!
Ask a Question about MIXCRAFT 6
Have a question? Our tech specialists are here to help you and
usually respond on the same business day! Want answers now? Try our on-line chat, or
call 1-888-562-8822 in Canada. (Our average hold time is less than 15 seconds!)
Already own this product?
Get tech support.